My Blog List

Thursday, June 02, 2011

Assessment #3

Wow, so I’ve learned a fair bit over the past 11 lessons of MPI104. The first lesson must’ve been on Blogger. I’m starting to enjoy Blogger a little bit and haven’t minded getting on and posting lately. It’s so easy. Flickr is the next on the list and I’m starting to like it a lot too. It’s also really easy to work with and its amazing to look at everyone else’s favourite photos. I wasn’t a big fan of delicious at first. I did find it easy to use but I couldn’t really see the point as im not real big on bookmarking my favourite sites because if thy’re my favourite then I know them anyway. However, ive come to like it as its a good way of looking at what other people like. HTML’s were a struggle at first when it came to remembering codes but I definitely think that ive got posting links to the masterblog sorted. Still a bit surprised at how easy it is to make a real simple website just through notepad or textedit. CSS is good for making it easy to make all parts that are the same, the same style eg. Heading or paragraph. I like playing around with iweb and actually enjoyed assignment 2 because of it. Its so easy to use with its ready made templates that just have to be customised. File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard network protocol used to copy a file from one host to another over a TCP/IP-based network, such as the Internet. And finally there was RSS (Really Simple Syndication) - the new way of bookmarking a website. But better. It allows you to get up to date information sent to you to read when you want to. It is often described as a ‘news feed’ that you subscribe to.
Overall, I have really enjoyed this class. It was actually a joy to attend unlike some of the other stressful classes I have....

No comments:

Post a Comment